Samples and Disclosure Statement
As noted in Samples (below) we solicit samples for review. Otherwise we could not afford to do this. Unless otherwise noted assume that someone, somewhere, sent us whatever it is in the hopes we would review it – and hopefully like it. Just because someone sends us something does not mean we will show any mercy. We will do a fair review of whatever is sent but the mere fact it was free does not buy us or even rent us. We review products with objectivity and professionalism wherever and however they were acquired.
We now accept advertising but for items we feel are of excellent quality and something we are not embarrassed to accept advertising from, endorse , or otherwise be identified with, and nothing we feel would be compromising to our integrity, tastes, or values. Again, we are open to offers but will only accept those of products we liked in the first place. We will not change ratings or enhance them in any way in exchange for money or product. Likewise our endorsements are not paid or for sale – we review a product for free and you can quote us for free – the only condition we do ask is you cite us and/or hyperlink to our page as the source.
We will also happily accept travel expenses to visit a distillery, tasting, or whatever else to cover it for the webpage, blogs or other forms of media and will disclose who paid us or comped us when these things happen.
I am always looking for new products to review and/or feature on Spirits Review. I will not only sample a product, but any variations or line extensions of the same product. So please feel free to send examples of different bottlings, expressions, etc. Also please send any shelf talkers, literature, or other sales merchandise you feel may be useful. We also review barware and books about alcohol both on Spirits Review itself and our other domains BoozeBooks.com and Barware Reviews.com
How to Get Your Product Reviewed
- Wrap the items carefully (lots of bubble wrap!).
- If possible, please send via FedEx (They seem to do the best job) or UPS.
- Quantities: spirits and wine (minimum 375 ml per item to be reviewed) ; beer (minimum 2 12-ounce per brew or type to be reviewed). Part of our reviews is on packaging, we like to include drinks as part of the review and we do our own photos/bottle shots this is all difficult with minis.
- Please see our About page for further details on what we do. Also please send any shelf talkers, literature, or other sales merchandise, POS etc., you think we might find useful.
- Please email me so I know to look for your samples.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me via email: Chris(at)spiritsreview.com